11.27.2011

From Heaven to Hell (10 ft Draw)






















This was such a good start out to the semester for me. I discovered I love drawing with ink on wood over the summer break and has been somewhat of an obsession of mine of late. The concept was inspired by one video in particular, Music Scene-animated by Anthony F Schepard. I had always wanted to just draw, unrestricted without worrying if what I was doing was recognizable in any way, so this project gave me a chance to just pick up a pen and draw nonstop for over 12 hours on 10 ft of glorious wood. I knew I wanted to have some form of progression, something I had recently been thinking about and couldn't stop, so I started drawing a progression from heaven to hell and delving into some of the perceivable layers in between. I had been thinking alot about how we view our world and how black and white it is, trees are green, the sky is blue; very clean-cut no questioning what is. It made me want to twist that, to take how we view the world and tweak it, change and warp it to give others a different perspective, my perspective, on the world. So in a nutshell, here is 10 ft of my world.

No comments:

Post a Comment