11.27.2011

Maps

I no longer have my maps since my cats ate them and, quite literally, ripped them to shreds, so there are no images for this one. I did however do two maps, one for Andrea out of candy wrappers and another one for Rachel who is no longer in our class. The one for Andrea depicted her path to one of her favorite places in St. Augustine, the frozen yogurt place Luv-Berry. The entire piece was made out of all different sorts of candy wrappers, from Twix to Twizzlers and every sort of unconventional candy in between. From what I know of Andrea, she is a very sweet and eccentric sort of person who is always suprising me. Her art is always so ingenious and unpredictable I thought that when she would order her yogurt she would get a crazy concoction of all different unconventional goodies on her yogurt so I tried to mimic that with all the different wrappers.

For Rachel, as long as I've known her she's always been very studious. I pictured her keeping all of her notes from various classes in case she would ever need them so I looked around for my own older notes and put them together. Rachel's path she took was to school as well but it was very indirect, she stopped at many places and met a bunch of people on the way there. It was a very unfixed and loose path so I hung it in space so it drooped and fell all over itself, twisting and winding in and out of itself like her path to school.

No comments:

Post a Comment